Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is it possible to fabricate microwave amplifier in stripline

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneshat

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to know whether it is possible to fabricate microwave amplifier in a stripline structure.I appreciate your comments.

Re: is it possible to fabricate microwave amplifier in strip

Back in the day people made all sorts of stripline components. Nowadays, people try hard to avoid stripline because it crushes any surface mount components, like resistors, capacitors, inductors, transistors. It can be done, you have to punch out square holes in the cover piece of stripline to provide clearance for the components. A pain in the neck.

Added after 2 minutes:

Oh, and another thing: gound connections. If you have a transistor and want to ground the emitter, for example, you have to make contact to both the bottom AND top covers in order to maintain symmetrical currents!

mneshat

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Really I have an idea for using SMD components in Stripline structure without punching out the upper cover.for example for mounting transistor we can use via holes to transfer the mounting pads of transistor pins to the back of the upper cover board and then montage the transistor on that.
I am wondering what you think about this method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back