Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is clock sampling (OSR) externally controllable for SDM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sehun1119

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
osr clock

Hi, all,

is clock sampling with over sampling rate externally controllable for sigma delta ADCs?

I am working in a testing and reliability group in mixed-signal area.

I am trying to use the same input signal (ie. sinusoidal signal) to the sigma delta model with different over sampling rates. I wonder that one sigmal delta modulator can have different over sampling rate.

Thank you in advance,

the oversampling rate depends on the capacitor used for holding the input signal to be sampled.... i think there is a possibility of changing the oversampling rate by using a external capacitor...

Thanks for your reply, A.Anand Srinivasan.

Is that capacitor in the integrator?

From "possibility" using an external capacitor you said, does no current sigma delta modulator have a controllability on over sampling rate so far?

Thanks

ya it is part of the integrator only.... i've not seen SDM like that so far but maybe it is available,.... one main problem would be that since these SDMs are being designed using fixed response time and other things the usage of external cap would cause nonlinearity....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back