Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ir remote control receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noman Yousaf

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i want to make the mcu based receiver which will give the output according to the remote control.
i want to use ready made remote controls like tv or cd remotes.
i want to know the protocols of different companies and any sample program.
i want to use AT89S51 mcu in assambly.
thanks in advance.

Hi Noman Yousaf,
I had some projects with PIC and also ATmega. If it were possible on your part to use these, I could post them.

thanks dear
i have all the parts here but i want to work on at89s1 family because i know thw assambly of this.
i want to write the program myself.
i want to know thw hints, i will go with.

The RC5 protocol is quite common in remote controls, but off course there are many different protocols. Here is a good description of RC5. Off course this won't help much if you don't have an RC5 remote. I would suggest building a simple receiver circuit, that would allow you to analyze the received signal with an oscilloscope and trying to figure out from the signal timing which protocol you are dealing with.

Hi all

I am confused with RC5 protocol, for calibration delay is used, is it a percect way as I think not all transmitter send deta with same ratio. secondly a small spike can creat problem in work???????????????????????? if any one can explain please. if any one has nice tutorial to understand RC5 protocol with nice example in asmebly for 8051 please upload. I have googled but did not find any nice.

regards

Here is an example

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back