Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR LED and PIC16F876A

Status
Not open for further replies.

john120

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every body,I would like to counter the objects which pass through the IR right interfaced to my PIC16F876A and display the number on the seven segment display.
How may I preceed?

I want to do the same with a decounter then display the difference.

Help me please

I use CCS Compiler for programming.

Thanks!!!

Beam break detector! you can use an IR detector module using a photodiode on one side and an IR led on the other. When someone enters the room then the IR signal being received by the photodiode will be interrupted and this activity can be monitored though a microcontroller.

Last edited:

You can use an IR interrupter sensor, such as the EESX1042.

You can see how to use one here: **broken link removed**

Datasheet of EESX1042: **broken link removed**

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Thanks Tahmid,I want to use an IR of 40Khz and a photodiode connected to an AN1;the circuit no problem about it but the problem is to write codes in ccs c compiler which count by increasing one as far as the IR light is interrupted by an a person enterring i the room.

This could be the same for decounting with another IR of 40Khz and a photodiode on AN0 whic hnow decounts when a person leave the room.

Subroutines needed.

Thanks

Thanks Tahmid,the problem I have is multiplexing the output of a photodiode (phototransistor demounted on TV card)
,realizing that subroutine for counting and display the counts in digits on seven segments display.

Are you sure you're not using a sensor like the TSOP1738 or PNA4602? Are you sure it's just a phototransistor?

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
yes Tahmid it is TSOP1738.which I am gonna using.

So, you need help in the code..... Can you show us the setup of the sensor and the transmission and detection circuits?

Have you worked out the algorithm?

I have done this type of project. TSOP1738 is not a good choice for this type of project. Not only TSOP1738 needs a modulated Infra red ray, also TSOP1738 behaves abnormal for a contenious ray. Lots of things will have to be taken care of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back