Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inverter Shunt Resistor - DSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

unavezmasysale

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I need to sense the output current of an inverter and I will use a shunt resistor to ground at the end of this. The input of the inverter is 400Vdc and the max current is 1A with a frequency of 30Hz and a duty cycle of 50%.
The signal waveform will be like this:
LykY8.png

over the shunt resistor. The peak voltage is 400V and Vrms is 200V.

I need to sense it with the ADC of a DSP of 3.3Vcc.

Can you help me to design a good circuit to the ADC considering that the tension should be focused on 3.3V/2 = 1.65V (Differential amplifier?) and the dissipated power over the shunt resistor must be low?

In my country I can buy resistor of metal film (1% from 10ohm or 2% from 0.22ohm)

Thanks you very much.

Last edited:

You want to use a small shunt resistor and amplify its value with an op amp to minimize dissipation in the sense resistor. But too small a sense resistor can allow noise pickup to be a problem so it's a tradeoff between noise pickup and power dissipation. Typically you probably want about 50-100mV minimum across the sense resistor at 1A.

Thanks Crutschow, do you have any circuit or idea to design it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.