Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interview questions for analog designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

avinash

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
please anybody tell me the questions asked in interview for analog design.i have 2 years exp in analog designing.i have designed 2 ASICS,and opamp comparator and bandgap for the analog library.

They'll most probably ask you what you did in the 2 years and stuff you put on your CV. Be prepared to be grilled on them.

hi j2005,
besides my experience,what they can ask.i mean whether they go in depthof mos

timing analysis and transfer characteristics curves

they mostly ask abt ur experince and the designs that u did and also they ask q's on the tools that u used and i think they ask very basic q's on mos and its working in different basic ckts

have a proposal. Let's make an online interview for avinsh. This may help him.

why don't everybody writes their Qs and lets make list..

thats goog idea.lets add questions

avinash said:
hi j2005,
besides my experience,what they can ask.i mean whether they go in depthof mos

You are always expected to know as much as possible about the basics of MOS. I don't know what you mean by in depth. There's only so much you can know about a MOS. Most textbooks will say everything they have to say about it in the 1st chapter. Since you are not a fresh grad, they'll be more interested in what you have contributed to your ex company and whether you have the right skills and experience to contribute to their company in a fairly short time.

do the interviewer expects the in-depth MOS device level knowledge

When I do interviews (whenever I had the chance to) I usually ask fairly simple questions, but not quite standard. But let's begin with the following. In the small signal model of the MOST there is a resistance ro. Where can this resistor be found physically in the transistor? Also, in pinch-off mode of operation, they say the charge density in the channel decreases from source to the pinch-off point and it is 0 at the pinch-off. If it is 0 there, how is it possible for the current to flow from the pinch-off point to the drain?

avinash said:
do the interviewer expects the in-depth MOS device level knowledge

if you really meant "in-depth", i doubt they'll ask.

For this q: in pinch-off mode of operation, they say the charge density in the channel decreases from source to the pinch-off point and it is 0 at the pinch-off. If it is 0 there, how is it possible for the current to flow from the pinch-off point to the drain
my answer is electric field of the drain swepts the electrons from the pinchoff point which causes a current flow in it..the electron velocity is almost equal to velocity saturation

if i m wrong then plz let me know

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hey,

better go through the projects throughly that u have put in your resume.

good luck

pra said:
For this q: in pinch-off mode of operation, they say the charge density in the channel decreases from source to the pinch-off point and it is 0 at the pinch-off. If it is 0 there, how is it possible for the current to flow from the pinch-off point to the drain
my answer is electric field of the drain swepts the electrons from the pinchoff point which causes a current flow in it..the electron velocity is almost equal to velocity saturation

if i m wrong then plz let me know

Pra, you are mixing two levels of understanding mos physics. The higher level model that includes velocity saturation effects does not have zero charge density at drain.
The simplest level that assumes zero charge density at pinch-off, at the same time assumes infinitely high electric field there and infinitely high carrier speed. So infinetely small charge moving with infinitely fast velocity gives some finite current. It's just a mathematical abstraction.

hai sutapanaki,
it will be helpful if u give the ans of u r Q.
thanks

Steer already answered the questioin

Status
Not open for further replies.