Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

analog pulse shaping strategy question

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello i need to convert a 0-3.3V 120ns 500ns period pulse into -2v to -5V pulse to turn on and off CGHV1A250F.
I got the circuit shown below ,but its very odd.
I need to control the upper level lower level and keep the output pulse as square as possible.
Is there some new circuit configuration you could reccomend me to use instead the circuit i got?
Thansks.

1718091260990.png

1718090868288.png

I would go with a grounded-base PNP, emitter resistor
to the 0-3.3V pulse source and a collector resistor to -5V.
Co-scale the emitter and collector 1:1 and you'll be
roughly right, tweak to accommodate the V3p3-Vbe error.

Agreed regarding preceding post. You can apply positive bias pulses directly to the base of the PNP. No need for capacitor blocking. The PNP can take power from a negative rail. Expect to do a lot of adjusting to yield your desired volt levels.

@yefj you should be aware that B-E junctions in reverse will zener and pass current if they get to ~ 6V reverse, varies for different transistors - read the data sheet !

Hello ,The issue with such circuits that in order to pass the pulse i need to use transistors with as higher bandwidth as possible.
What higher BW BJT you could reccomend me to improve the shape of the output ?
Thanks.

1718289755170.png

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: