Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] interview questions for 2 years in embedded engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahshiq

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what are the interview questions would be asked for two years in embedded engineer. i have experience in PIC 16f887. i have done only small projects. i have done manual testing. tool is HI-Tech compiler & MP lab

for 2 years basically will be from the projects you were worked and from that they will start asking the basics of embedded. Then they will ask to write some code by giving some task.

For a technical question on C I always like the one about the various meanings of the 'static' keyword, so many, many followup questions you can ask.

Also, 'Volatile', 'Const' and the meaning of 'volatile const' (It has one which is actually useful in embedded systems code)...

Linker script questions can really drill down into how well somebody understands both the platform and the toolchain.

I like to throw in some questions on development process, requirements, testing and DFT, version control, also some electronics debugging questions (I have a schematic with all the decoupling caps removed, surprising how few spot the problem).

Regards, Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.