Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

internal clock generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaf20

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all
i want to generate clock puls in FPGA or CPLD internally!
as u know i can use gate propagation dely to generate it like as following code
clk<= ~clk
but this can not be measured and exactly is not reliable because of changing some factors .
any comment or idea
tnx ahead

It's for function simulation only,can't be use for generate clock

I know many algorithms for generating internal clock...using DF and buffers and inverters... but frankly speaking.... its not at all good idea to generate internal clock.....its not at all reliable ....

i agree, it's not a good idea: depending on the placing of inverters and routing of connections the period of a ring oscillator can change up to 50-60% on the same board. I suppose you don't want to use complicated PLL/DLL architectures to control the period

If internal clock generation is not appreciated, then why do we go for it in microprocessors.Why donot we generate a clock using optical signals externally and distibute it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back