Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[AVR] Interfacing VC0706 with AVR Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farrukh12

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am having trouble interfacing a VC0706 Camera with only an AVR Microcontroller. I am using simple serial communication but the camera does not respond. I tried connecting it with a computer but still no response from the camera.

Moreover I am having difficulty in understanding the following:

In What format will my image be stored in the MCU.
Will ATMEGA32 be sufficient to store one image taken from the camera.

I am having trouble interfacing a VC0706 Camera with only an AVR Microcontroller. I am using simple serial communication but the camera does not respond. I tried connecting it with a computer but still no response from the camera.

The VC0706 actually refers to the chipset utilized by the camera, rather than the camera's design implementation.

**broken link removed**

Do you have a datasheet specific to your camera? If so, please upload it.

If not, what is the manufacture and model number of the specific camera you possess? Do you have a URL or website address from which you purchased the device?

In What format will my image be stored in the MCU.

The VC0706 chipset supports a few image formats, including JPEG. The available images formats for your specific camera, depend largely on its design implementation.

Will ATMEGA32 be sufficient to store one image taken from the camera.

The ATmega32 should be able to store individuals frames, particularly on an external device like an SD Flash Card.

Single frames, Yes. Full motion video, No.

However, we must first determine which features of the VC0706 chipset your specific camera supports and how to properly configure the device.

There are software libraries available which are compatible with many of the available VC0706 based cameras:

Library for VC0706-based Serial JPEG Cameras

BigDog

I don't have a specific datasheet for the camera. It was given to me by my instructor.

Just one more question:
How will I access a single frame captured by the Camera in the Microcontroller for further processing.

Thank You very much.

I don't have a specific datasheet for the camera. It was given to me by my instructor.

There is no documentation at all?

How did you know how to correctly connect the camera to your circuit?

What type of connectors are available on the camera module? Are the connections marked?

Can you post some photos of the camera module?

How will I access a single frame captured by the Camera in the Microcontroller for further processing.

I cannot answer that question until I know, with what exactly we are dealing.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.