Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing USB storage device with microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All
I am very very new about flesh memory with Mu interface. Many times the idea came in my mind bu I felt it so difficuilt that I prefered to skip it from my mind because I dont understand how to address usb device. any help?????????

Hi,

Wake up! pic16F84a is way too tiny uC to handle jobs like file system and USB stack handling. And I would say mp3 player reading USB flash memories is HUGE project unless you buy 3rd party ARM/Blackfin development board suitable for this task. Better think over and buy MP3 car radio with USB port. There's alot of them around.

In addition to odgens realistic comment: You need at least a dual-role-capable USB controller (e.g. PIC24FJxxGB, AT90USB1287) to connect an USB memory device. Utilizing a hardware MP3 decoder, it sounds feasible.

Kenwood makes a good car stereo with a USB jack right on the front. Got two of 'em. good tunes

Status
Not open for further replies.