Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing Uni-polar ADC to Bi-polar Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

hynix

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Can any body out there tell me or any schematic how can I interface the Bi-polar signal (+/-1.5v ) signal to my 3.3 v adc working in unidirectional conversion(0-3v) Signal.

:)

Hi

You can use an op-amp to move your input signal around 1.5v.
Or use a level shifting circuit to do it.

Regards

If DC part is necessary , you can use 3 serially connected diodes powered by current source (to make linear shift) connected to amplifier output .

If just AC will be measured , simple RC with level shift will be enough .

The simplest is two identical resistors (values depending on your ADC input requirement) as follows:

signal input ----/\/\/-----+----/\/\/-----VDD (3.3V)
connect at + to ADC input.

With above, yr input range is -3.3V to +3.3V.

If you need the smaller range -1.5V to +1.5V, you need some other level shifting circuit :)

Use a vltaje divisor and a follower with Opamp. Connect your signal to the virtual ground generated in the output of the opamp

Hi,
Intresting !!!

My signal varies +/-1.7v max from the 0v Reference
I wanted to shift the signal to a fixed level of 1.7v from the 0v reference
so that the signal should oscillate at the dc shift of 1.7v making +/- 3.4v from 0v reference
and then I can give to a unipolar adc (0 to 3.4v full scaled) for the conversion.

please sugest me some more idea or shematic.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.