Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing to Nokia Phone LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

abasir

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lph7366

Dear All,

Can anyone point me to some info on interfacing to Nokia phone graphic LCD with micro-controller? Also, which phone LCD (3210, 3310, etc) are the easiest to interface to?

Thanks.

nokia 5110 lcd avr

Here is an example project:
https://sandiding.tripod.com/lcd.html

I wonder, why they are using the
phone also? Is the controller of the
LCD seperate?

Datasheet of LCD (LPH7366) says it is 84x84 resolution and Philips PCD8544 LCD driver is used. But datasheet of PCD8544 says this IC is 48x84...

Does the phone uses LCD in half resolution?

It would be very good if I could find PIC sources/header files for CCS - C Compiler.

Anyone know how much does it cost Nokia 3310
LCD? And do you know about prices/availability
of new color cellular phone displays?

Regards...

nokia 5110 lcd pinout

Have you ever take a look to F_A_S_T_A_V_R ?
It may helpful.

nokia lcd driver

what is the difference between nokia 5110 and 3310 LCDs? Which is more useful for using seperately? As I know 3310 LCD has metal contacts and 5110 LCD needs carbon rubber...

Are the resolutions same?

And I am confused. Are these LCDs has built-in LCD controller IC (pcd8544) or do I have to connect it externally?

Regards

nokia 3210 lcd

Taro,
I've came across the site but I will write my own codes for the LCD ;-( cause I don't use AVR.

Sobakava,
Not sure about the 5110. The 3310 has built-in LCD controller so control is via SPI only. Looks very easy & LCD is cheap (US6/pc locally).

nokia 5110 avr

here I found 3.5$ retail price in my country (3310).

If it has internal controller, only problem is mechanical mounting of LCD. I'll use PIC18F
microcontroller and CCS C Compiler. If anyone
has not write a library for Nokia LCD & CCS C yet,
I'll write my own library and share it...

lph7366 datasheet

Yes, they have internal controller as shown by the codes at this site
**broken link removed**

Mounting with normal adhesive sould be okay since the LCD is light.

nokia lcd microcontroller

where I can buy this LCD in the US?

nokia 3210 lcd avr

does anyone have a complete wiring diagram for the lcd? i mean from the lcd to the serial cable and everything in between. all i see from other sites are just pin outs. please help. i'd like to build one.

interfacing nokia 5110 lcd

there are bigger LCDs of n0kia phones are available. does anyone know which controller
is used on which phone? For instance nok 3510..

here there are similar controllers of n0kia 3310 Lcd controller
hxxp://xxx.semiconductors.philips.com/similar/PCD8544U_2_F1.html

and here I found some information about various phone lcds:
hxxp://xxx.mcu.cz/modules/news/article.php?mode=flat&storyid=368

pic18f nokia lcd

:D
I want standy the GSM LCD control and have a Nokia 3210 cell phone.
But i not know how to write data into the Nokia LCD control IC .
Could you help me ?
:)
3Q

phillips pcd8544

xjimmy, check on this page
**broken link removed**
I think 3210 has the same LCD controller as 3310.

Regards
:D

pic18f lcd nokia

I've just got my 5110 lcd working - I've noticed that some of the pinout diagrams for the displays on the 'net are "reversed"- ie. they're as seen from the front of the display, not the back. - Though I ran the screen for about 10 minuites with the conections reversed, It didn't seem to damage it...

max voltage of 3310 lcd

IS the controller embeeded on the LCD?

pic18 lcd nokia

yes, controller is on the LCD panel. There are 8 pins for nokia 3310 lcd.

lcd nokia 8210 atmel

Can i use the SPI mode in pic16f876 to control it?. i have read in PCD8544 specifications that "D/C indicates whether the byte is a command or RAM data; it is read with the eighth SCLK pulse.", but i don't know when is received the last bit of the data or command, i only know if the byte was received or not.

avr nokia 5110

I've been driving the 5110 lcd screen ('8544 chip-on-glass controller) with a 16f874 using the hardware mssp module. The setup for the mssp is:

clear sspcon
clear sspstat
sspstat,6 = 1 (cke)
sspcon,0 = 1 (xtal speed / 16 , 1.25 mhz with a 20 mhz xtal)
sspstat,5 = 1 ( turn on the mssp module)

Then simply write the data bytes into SSPBUF , and the MSSP module will send them to the display. - just make sure that the MSSP has finnished sending the byte before writing to SSPBUF again.
If it's going to be a command byte,set the D/C to 0 before writing to SSPBUF, if it's a display byte , set D/C to 1.
I also found that the display needed a pause of 1ms between instructions during display setup (Vop, bias etc.), but after it was setup, it would happily take instructions at up to 5mhz.

Cheers, fuzcub

Reactions: sxbg

sxbg

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
+nokia 3210 +lcd display +use the

This seems to be the best message board on the Nokia LCD displays so I thought I would post a question.

Does the LCD display in the Nokia 3310, 5110, etc. use an LCD board manufactured by Goldentek? I have located a datasheet for a Goldentek display that indicates it uses an onboard PCD8544 and it is a 84X48 LCD panel. If anyone knows if this is in fact the same LCD display as the LPH7366 please let me know. Also, if anyone would like the datasheet for the Goldentek device please e-mail me. Thanks.

nokia 5110 lcd datasheet

Thanks fuzcub, can you post the display inizialitation, i can't write nothing in it.

thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.