Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing to Nokia Phone LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.
nokia lcd project

What language are you writing in?

8051 nokia lcd

assembler....with mplab.

nokia 3360 lcd display driver

Here's a chunk of code in picbasic ( not freestanding).
It should be easy to convert it into MPASM as it doesn't do anything too fancy.
Just make sure that the hardware is setup right , a logic probe I found really handy to have. A 'scope, even better.
Once the Vop is set, the internally generated LCD drive voltage ( 6v - 8.5v) can be read on the boost capacitor pin ( pin 8 of a lph7366 display ) to let you know you're halfway there.
Read the 16f876 MSSP and PCD5844 datasheet, as there's *lots* more to the MSSP.

F.

INIT_LCD:

SSPSTAT.6 = 1 'CKE
SSPCON.0 = 1 'TCK / 16
SSPCON.5 = 1 'ENABLE MSSP

HIGH CMD_DAT 'COMMAND / DATA LINE
HIGH LCD_C_S 'LCD CHIP SELECT
HIGH LCD_PWR 'LCD POWER ENABLE
LOW LCD_RST 'LCD RESET LINE
PAUSE 20
HIGH LCD_RST

LOW CMD_DAT

SSPBUF = 33 'EXTENDED COMMAND SET
PAUSE 1
SSPBUF = 200 'SETUP VOP
PAUSE 1
SSPBUF = 19 'SETUP BIAS
PAUSE 1
SSPBUF = 32 'NORMAL COMMAND SET
PAUSE 1

SSPBUF = 9 'TURN ON ALL SEGMENTS
PAUSE 100

SSPBUF = %00001100 'DISPLAY NORMAL
PAUSE 1

HIGH CMD_DAT ' GET READY TO SEND PIXEL DATA
HIGH LCD_C_S ' DESELECT LCD

RETURN

pins in nokia phone

Another site with good examples:

**broken link removed**

lph7366 avr

I'd like to point out that the PCD8544 controller (found on some nokia LCDs, e.g. 5110 in the LPH7366 module) runs at 2.7V. It's documentation specifies that the maximum input voltage level that it can withstand is VCC + 0.5V.

If you want to connect the device to a PIC running at 5V (unless it's not a low power pic - one of the LF series and you're running it at 2.7V) then you're going to have to convert the I/O voltage levels down from 5V to 2.7V through some, preferably passive, device.

Otherwise you're going to find that your nice new LCD is no longer nice ;)

3210 lcd avr

**broken link removed**

some information in french...

philips pcd8544 nokia 3510

hi;

i connect it to 8051(at89c52) and it works fine ; i connect vcc to 5v and every thing is fine.

Fire in the Wire :sm2:

cell phone lcd datasheet

Hi!
I just have broken my mother's car shift indicator, it was a pointer that show a needle signaling to the icons P,R,N,D,2,1 My mother never uses this indicator, she simply was count 1,2,3,4 and she was driving, but just now she noticed the trouble and she begin to ask for the indicator, I have a LCD display , it is almost the same like that for nokia 3210, only the rear connector is slightly different, in one of the sides there is some numbers:

MZ1ZZ 7973-1 Z3113190

may you help me with this display, now I think to use to generate the P,R,N,D,2,1
according with the shift knob position, somebody know how to generate this digits at full display, there is some place to read something or may somebody give some help about this.

thanks in advance
frank
privateown2000@yahoo.com

nokia 3210 lcd pic

Hi all

I am trying to use lcd 8544 for my new project. I hae tried out using parallel port of pc and also 8051 controller. I am able to strobe the clk and data pins and even reset pins. ALl signals look fine but the lcd is not displaying. Can any one tell me why?? In one forum i read about strobing SCE pin all the time. How is it odne and can anyone send me links. Thks

lcd lph7366-7

i have been trying to interface the Nokia LCD3310 with ATmega8,commands in uisp package.Tried that NokiaLCD.h headerfile.But doesn't that require,in turn,header file macros.h and iom8v.h ? if yes, could anyone suggest a link to download it ?

pic18f4520 and nokia3310 LCD

please, i need help on displaying characters on nokia3310 lcd screen. The best i could have were 2 or 3 layers of lines drawn at the bottom of the screen. I interfaced it with pic18f4520 and i am using 8MHz oscillator to drive the PIC. Could that be a problem because most projects use 20MHz.

My codes and circuit design runs on proteus but the hardware is not coming on. Please what could be the problem?

Bold font PIC and nokia LCD.

Its posible make code for PIC and nokia LCD ,which display BOLD font when I need?Avr has one.But I cant find someone oxample for PIC.

When I ported code from AVR to pic, I saw problem,when I cant use All RAM at the time,but AVR hav´t RAM dividet to bank.
Its possible? :?:
I´ve done some project for pic and have PICkit2 too.But I´m confused when I must migrate to AVR :cry::cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.