Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] interfacing sensors with 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaus9952083382

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how many sensors can i interface with a single 8051 microcontroller

Depends from type of sensor and chip what you plan to use. If you use 1-wire (microlan) then number of sensors may be huge.

89S51 89S52 40-pins 32 Programmable I/O Lines
89C2051 89S2051 20-pins 15 Programmable I/O Lines
DS5000/T 40-pins 32 Parallel I/O Lines

8051 family generaly dont have ADC integrated, if you plan to use some analog sensor, but Atmel have supprise with T89C51AC2.

10-bit ADC and 2K EEPROM
https://www.keil.com/dd/docs/datashts/atmel/t89c51ac2.pdf

Others with ADC and other nice supports:
AT89C5115
AT89C5130A-M 8-Bit Flash Microcontroller, Full-Speed USB Device
AT89C5132 USB Microcontroller with 64KB Flash

Last edited:
i am using at89c51 and planning to interface 4 lm35( temperature sensors) and 4 hih3610(humidity sensors) and integrate a sutaible adc with it ... now actually , i want to take output from all of them paralley ... please help me out ..... or if it is better to program in pic microcontroller .. please let me know

i am using at89c51 and planning to interface 4 lm35( temperature sensors) and 4 hih3610(humidity sensors) and integrate a sutaible adc with it ... now actually , i want to take output from all of them paralley ... please help me out ..... or if it is better to program in pic microcontroller .. please let me know

dont worry i have done that with 8 LM35 , 8051 is just enough for that

Data Acquisition& Logging System UsingAT89c51 (8 x LM35)
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

thank you , very much , how to program the adc section , i saw in mazidi but i could not understand it ....

thank you sir, for your kind help, the last thing that i want to ask is that ,,,, some of my friends told me that pic is always a better option

sir , it will be very helpful if u could help me with some links regarding tutorials on PIC programming..

sir , it will be very helpful if u could help me with some links regarding tutorials on PIC programming..

You mean writing code or just puting firmware into uC?

---------- Post added at 12:48 ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 ----------

See this tutorial for beginning:

PIC Programming (4 chapters + 1 Appendix):

**broken link removed**

8051 Programming (7 chapters):
https://www.mikroe.com/eng/chapters/view/64/chapter-1-introduction-to-microcontrollers/

Additional 15 chapters:
https://www.mikroe.com/eng/products/view/266/programming-dspic-mcu-in-c/

You have several chapters on that location, read them carefully. ;-)

Last edited:

Hi Tpetar,

Many many thanks for such a nice link firsts but I have one question "the mikroe tool chain one need to purchase ?" .....I my right.....

With regards,

Milind

Sorry my friend I didnt understand what tool ? (chain one)

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

If you mean on MikroC compiler its free. Free edition can compile up to 2KB of data code, if you need more then 2KB you need licence. Who making smaller project often this is enough to finish job.

Hi,
I am also using at89c51 for interfacing lm35(temperature sensor) and hih 4030(humidity sensor). I am using a similar circuit as in the image below.
But, I realized that the output is a whole number whereas i wanted to display temp upto 1 decimal place. This problem arises because ADC0808 is has only 8-bit output.
Can i display the output upto 1 decimal point by means of program or will i have to use a higher resolution ADC? I dont know how to interface a serial adc with at89c51 and I couldnt find any 12-bit parallel adc.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Sir, if I have to change everything, then could you please suggest to me a new circuit to interface sensors with microcontroller. I have to complete this project in the next 15-20 days. Any help would be appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Sir, if I have to change everything, then could you please suggest to me a new circuit to interface sensors with microcontroller. I have to complete this project in the next 15-20 days. Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.