Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing pickit 2 with LM 35 sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.
just it is using one channel as 0 then i think it must be using only one output led but 5 bits are used in which one is for turn on and one is VDD and one is turn off then may be only one channel uses one led as output im i on track

i think it must be using only one output led

either it is using or it isn't using. "it must be using" doesn't cut it.

you have the code right in front of you and if you cannot tell which pins it is using, then you have LONG and painful way to go as an embedded programmer.

can u guide me directly or not because what u try to explain me i am unable to understand you either u may eb teaching me english or programing i dont know

there isn't much to guide you on as it involves you solely: you have to be able to understand what the code does.

if you cannot, there isn't much others can do for you.

actually i have very little time to finish my project and my supervisor is on holiday so i am unable to do on my own as i haven't use this language before so i am shouting this much y don't u guide me directly stating that what this part of program indicates and what is their function bla bla it ll be thankful to you

I am not doing that and I am not going to do that because I am here to help you to do it, not to do it for you.

My offer to you has been that as long as you make it work for one sensor, I will help you to get the code to work with multiple sensors. and that offer still stands today.

the key is for you to understand the code. if you cannot do that, it will take a herculean effort (that I don't have) to get you where you want to be.

Millwood, your 'teach a man to fish' approach is refreshing. Too many people come here and expect others to do their work for them. This is especially frustrating when I see that many of these guys are university students, sometimes even graduate students.

How are people with this mindset ever going to compete in the real world?

just i dont mean to ask u to do my work just i am little bit lack in this language so i ask u to cut the program in parts and explain what i must understand instead of understanding whole program in one part yes i accept your words because our universities dont teach all this these guys grab money nd making their own business

Why don't you just try to make some leds blink with a pattern defined by you? That would be a good start. With that you can be sure that you are displaying the correct information. My advice, forget the LM35 until you can make the lads blink the way you want.

Before anything, try to organize your project:

First check at datasheet and check which ports you are going to use for each output.

At the C code try to make it organized, first configure ALL ports they way you want, TRIS and ANSEL registers. After that, initialize every peripheral you want to use (ADC, UART.. etc..)
And finally start you code.

PS: If you goint to just use leds, dont forget to configure the port that LM35 is connected as analog input, or i may burn you PIC.

Cya.

How are people with this mindset ever going to compete in the real world?

sad for them but selfishly good for us, :)

Added after 4 minutes:

i am little bit lack in this language

it is beyond that, actually.

to be successful, you have to know your own limitations. In this case, what you wanted to do is simply beyond your capabilities, by a large margin.

like Sin0, I would recommend that you focus on things you DO understand and push the envelope one at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.