tensai

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
spartan 3 lcd write

hi!

I need to interface a 128x128 LCD Graphics module with a Spartan 3 board.

I don't know where to start...

My LCD has a controller already. Do I have to assign pins (is it a glueless interface in the first place?) in the Spartan 3 board?

Thank you.

spartan3 lcd controlelr

Hi,
please can you specify the name of the lcd controller? Some graphical displays have a SPI controller for communication with microcontrollers or fpgas. So in this case you have to implement a SPI master in your FPGA.
Regards,
hqqh

its controller is T6963C.

i noticed that there are no address lines in my LCD. in this case, how would i know if my LCD will display the right input. i'm also using a 3x4 keypad module as my input.

actually, my project is a sudoku generator. the LCD will display the 9x9 matrix. the numbers (input) will come from a user through the keypad module.

what about SPI?

thank you for your response. really appreciate it.

Hi,

first of all, I never used this controller, so I'm not an expert for this device. But I reviewed the manual (home.comet.bg/datasheets/LCD%20Grafical/T6963c.pdf ) and saw, that the controller has a 8bit data bus (d0-d7) and write (w), read (r) and chip select (ce) signals.
After a initialization/configuration phase you can send certain commands to the display e.g. write charater and increment cursor position. But if you want to write a character at a certain position, you have to send the command set coursor position. As parameter you can specify the x,y position.

Kind regards,
hqqh

hi

better to serf xillinx.com:idea:.

or to surf altera.com:idea:

thanx....

Status
Not open for further replies.