Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing LCD with Spartan 3 board

Status
Not open for further replies.

tensai

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
spartan 3 lcd write

hi!

I need to interface a 128x128 LCD Graphics module with a Spartan 3 board.

I don't know where to start...

My LCD has a controller already. Do I have to assign pins (is it a glueless interface in the first place?) in the Spartan 3 board?

Thank you. :)

spartan3 lcd controlelr

Hi,
please can you specify the name of the lcd controller? Some graphical displays have a SPI controller for communication with microcontrollers or fpgas. So in this case you have to implement a SPI master in your FPGA.
Regards,
hqqh

its controller is T6963C.

i noticed that there are no address lines in my LCD. in this case, how would i know if my LCD will display the right input. i'm also using a 3x4 keypad module as my input.

actually, my project is a sudoku generator. the LCD will display the 9x9 matrix. the numbers (input) will come from a user through the keypad module.

what about SPI? :)

thank you for your response. really appreciate it. :)

Hi,

first of all, I never used this controller, so I'm not an expert for this device. But I reviewed the manual (home.comet.bg/datasheets/LCD%20Grafical/T6963c.pdf ) and saw, that the controller has a 8bit data bus (d0-d7) and write (w), read (r) and chip select (ce) signals.
After a initialization/configuration phase you can send certain commands to the display e.g. write charater and increment cursor position. But if you want to write a character at a certain position, you have to send the command set coursor position. As parameter you can specify the x,y position.

Kind regards,
hqqh

hi

better to serf xillinx.com:idea:.

or to surf altera.com:idea:

thanx....

Status
Not open for further replies.