Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing DSC alarm using Contact-ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

etolocka

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dsc contact id

Hi

I´m working on a interface to a DSC alarm using the contac-id protocol. I need to emulate a telephone line and generate dial-tone and handshake signals. I have a prototype working, but sometimes the alarm misses the signals.
The line emulation is done with a LM317 connected as current source from +12V and the tones are generated by the microcontroller´s timer and filtered with a passive low-pass filter.

Anyone has experiencie with this? I need some advice on the topic.

Regards.

contac id

Hello etolocka,

I am an experienced alarm installer with 33 years in the business. I have made many projects for customers over the years. Viking Electronics makes a phone line simulator that works just great. Contact-ID handshake tones are 2300 & 1400 hz tones. They are given as 500ms of 2300 then 500ms of 1400. The data is then sent from the panel and when the receiver acknowledges the receipt it gives a 2300 hz tone for kissoff. Are you familiar with the Contact-ID data stream?

I try not to make any assumptions with someone's abilities or knowledge so if you need anymore information or assistance you can email me at secser@ncweb.com and I'll see what I can help you with.

Back in 1991 a friend of mine and I tried to develop a dialer tester but the processor we used wasn't fast enough. 3M company had a really slick dialer tester but at $350.00, not too many people were willing to shell out that kind of money. It would show the phone number that was dialer either in rotary or dtmf and acted as the receiver for pulsed formats only but that was before we got into the more advanced stuff like SIA, FSK, and Contact-ID. I wrote, produced and used to teach classes on digital dialers back in the early 90's for alarm tech's here in Ohio.

HTH,

BobK

contact-id handshake tones

Bobk

Thank you for your reply.

I want to make my own line simulator to work as a part of another device in order to collect events from Contact-ID enabled alarms.
I have designed one, but has some limitations, so I´m searching for a tested one.

Thankfully,
Ernesto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back