Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interface 3G USB GSM to PIC microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

pridepk

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
I am working on 3G USB GSM modem, I need to interface through PIC controller, would you please share the circuit diagram and interface technique. I would be very thankfull to you .

Please give us more details on the modem model and the type of PIC that you have selected

Thanks, The GSM USB which I have is HW-153 U by Huawei Technology and I have two PIC's 16F84A & 16F877, any one I will use for this circuit

Neither the 16F84 nor the 16f877 support USB interface directly.
You will have to use a usb to RS232 chips like FT232H or CP2192
The 16F877 has a HW Uart or a SW Uart (via a compiler like CCS)
The 16F84 only has only a SW Uart (via compiler like CCS)

Ok No Problem Please suggest PIC which has the direct USB support and shall be used for this project

The PIC18F4550 will be suitable. Which development environment are you using?

Ok thats fine about the controller, I use C code to program the controller, can you please guide me how can I send sms & received by using the GSM USB 153 U by huawei

Have you search EDA board for GPRS SMS threads and read the manuals of the GSM USB 153?

Hi I have tried and search EDA board but can't find the related information which meets my objective. I would appriciate if you guide me to build an interface to connect GSM USB 153 through which I can send and received SMS.

It is possible! I have done it using PIC24FJ starter kit with tplink MA180. It could accept and response to AT commands and could send and receive text SMS using GSM.

cthun,
could you share the schematic and how you made it possible?
I really need it :)
Thanks in advance

Dear Cthun,

I am also trying to connect Huwai standard USB dongle based modem to PIC24F. For evaluation I have bought DM240011 from Microchip. Its a standard USB OTG dev. tool.
Library support is provided. Can you please provide how to start writing an application to fire AT commands as you have already did this.
Please reply. Thanks for valuable response in advance.
- Shivam K.

Status
Not open for further replies.