Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Intel G31 M/B no display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter_england

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
motherboard no display problem all checked like ram , smps and checked monitor also checked post code on pci card it shows the code 55 19 with 3 long beeps pls help me..:sad:

3 long Means for Ram section is failed or check ram vcc, ram spdvcc Ref Voltage. if these are good then 100% problem is your BIOS is Corupted. Because i face many time BIOS problems in Intel ORIGINAL Motherboards.
motherboard no display problem all checked like ram , smps and checked monitor also checked post code on pci card it shows the code 55 19 with 3 long beeps pls help me..:sad:

- - - Updated - - -

3 long Means for Ram section is failed or check ram vcc, ram spdvcc Ref Voltage. if these are good then 100% problem is your BIOS is Corupted. Because i face many time BIOS problems in Intel ORIGINAL Motherboards.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hi kamal please tell me how to check ram vcc and what is means ram spdvcc ref voltage and how to test it ?

I checked for ram vcc and it's fine I.e 1.8v but I still not tried the Rom programming to refresh the chip actually I don't have the .bin file for the purpose I have the universal programmer but not bin file.

I Can give you .bin but first you have to tell me the complete model of motherboard.
I checked for ram vcc and it's fine I.e 1.8v but I still not tried the Rom programming to refresh the chip actually I don't have the .bin file for the purpose I have the universal programmer but not bin file.

V

Ok the model is Intel original dg31pr .and also suggest a good programming method I have the pcb5.0 programmer but it's not working well.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok the model is Intel original dg31pr .and also suggest a good programming method I have the pcb5.0 programmer but it's not working well.

Here Is the file and i have no knowledge about your programmer and i suggest you make a backup of your current bios also.

- - - Updated - - -

Attachments

• DG31PR.rar
    461.5 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: peter_england

V

peter_england

ok i tried to reprogram the bios chip using your .bin file and now motherboard is working fine , when i checked the ram in another slot the display is gone again so i checked deeply in motherboard and found dangerous open tracks near that ram slot and i checked continuity of the 3 visually open tracks and found one of them has no continuity then i soldered that track and now that ram slot is working fine .... thanks but now another problem is RTC is not saving time; i tried to install new battery but no success please tell how to check that and troubleshoot it also please tell me the workings of rtc section .. thanks in advance..

Hiiii Kamal i solved this problem also -- i have downloaded the bios .bio file from intel website and flashed that bios using usb pendrive booting into dos and now all problems sloved but please tell me when i reprogram that bios using eeprom programmer using your provided .bin file why problem is not get solved ?? may be the process is not going proper i think whats your opinion ??

- - - Updated - - -

Hiiii Kamal i solved this problem also -- i have downloaded the bios .bio file from intel website and flashed that bios using usb pendrive booting into dos and now all problems sloved but please tell me when i reprogram that bios using eeprom programmer using your provided .bin file why problem is not get solved ?? may be the process is not going proper i think whats your opinion ??

Great Work Man. May be My File is older than your downloads from intel website Or my given file is not good. thanx sharing your Experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok thanks but i think the problem is in my procedure with EEPROM Programmer and when i tried that with pendrive method its ok also please tell me where you given that .bin file i am asking only for information .. ..

Ok may be your programmers Fault or whatever is that. And dont understand what you are saying about .bin file. if you are asking where i get it, This was my own file copied from an good Motherboard.
Ok thanks but i think the problem is in my procedure with EEPROM Programmer and when i tried that with pendrive method its ok also please tell me where you given that .bin file i am asking only for information .. ..

Yes you provided file is .bin extension file as regular bios files, please tell how you copied it from your m/b by programmer or any other way ? Thanks.

Just remove ROM ic from motherboard and place it in Proggrammer. then select ROM device from the device directory (e.g. mx25l1005) and copy data from rom to my computer.

Hii, Kamal can you please help me for my problem? My problem with dg31 motherboard is it drains cmos battery remediate after new install of battery else everything is alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back