Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

installing wine on linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

anoop12

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am trying to install wine on linux. when i run ./configure, I am getting error as " no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH. I am not able to debug this. Please help.

Thanks

Linux softwares are C codes. So they need to be compiled before they are installed. Wine is also a Linux software. It needs to be complied before it is installed, for this purpose you need a C compiler installed in your system. GCC is a C complier. To check whether GCC is installed in your system or not just type gcc in Terminal and press Enter. If it is installed in your system You will see "gcc: no input files" If you see "gcc: Command not found" that means GCC is not installed in your system. So you need install C complier(GCC) before you install wine.

Last edited:

What distribution you are using?
I think the easiest way to install wine is using the wine package of your distribution.

To compile wine, you have to install lot of other libraries. However, if you would compile it by yourself look here WineHQ - Installing Wine from source for a user guide.

Hi,
I am trying to install wine on linux. when i run ./configure, I am getting error as " no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH. I am not able to debug this. Please help.

Thanks

I guess you are installing WINE from source....
If you are trying to modify WINE and contribute then do so
ELSE Install Binary package for your Distribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.