Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Insert AT comands into a SIM900 boot file ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

philgib

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Insert AT commands into a SIM900 boot file ?

Hello guys,

Is there a way to add AT commands to a SIM900 boot file ?

I think that the SIM900 has 2 boot files, and one can choose to boot from one file or another.
Now is there a way to enter AT commands in that bootfile as a standalone, i.e. without the need for an arduino?

Thank you

Last edited:

@philgib

SIM900 has 2 files...1 is the core file of the SIM900 and the 2nd one is the application file of the user...You cannot do anything in the core file..You should program your own application file and load into the SIM900..

@philgib

SIM900 has 2 files...1 is the core file of the SIM900 and the 2nd one is the application file of the user...You cannot do anything in the core file..You should program your own application file and load into the SIM900..

@kg,

That is exactly it ! Do you know by any chance a link to documentation about how to enter this application file ? I am unable to find it and I looked for hours...

Thank you so much i advance

@philgib,

SIMCOM provides the downloader to download both the core as well as application file...

Pls contact www.sim.com for getting the downloader..

@philgib,
SIMCOM provides the downloader to download both the core as well as application file...
Pls contact www.sim.com for getting the downloader..

I defintely will.

How about the documentation about how to insert AT commands in the application file ? Is it documented anywhere please ?

For instance, I would like to have those commands running when booting the sim900, without an arduino :

AT V1 E1 X1 S0=0
AT+CREG=2
AT+CMEE=2
AT+CR=1
AT+CRC=1
AT+CSNS=4
AT+CSMINS=1
AT+CSCLK=0
AT+CIURC=1
AT+CPIN="1130"
AT+CGEREP=2
AT+CIPMUX=0
AT+CIPMODE=1
AT+CIPCCFG=8,10,400,0
AT+CMUX=0,0,4,127,10,3,30,10,2
AT+CSTT="websfr"
AT+CIICR

And so on...

Thank you

I defintely will.

How about the documentation about how to insert AT commands in the application file ? Is it documented anywhere please ?

For instance, I would like to have those commands running when booting the sim900, without an arduino :

AT V1 E1 X1 S0=0
AT+CREG=2
AT+CMEE=2
AT+CR=1
AT+CRC=1
AT+CSNS=4
AT+CSMINS=1
AT+CSCLK=0
AT+CIURC=1
AT+CPIN="1130"
AT+CGEREP=2
AT+CIPMUX=0
AT+CIPMODE=1
AT+CIPCCFG=8,10,400,0
AT+CMUX=0,0,4,127,10,3,30,10,2
AT+CSTT="websfr"
AT+CIICR

And so on...

Thank you

@Philgib,

Yes you can ask simcom people to provide the user manual for the SIM900 Embedded AT module.

Pls check the sample code, provided you had installed the IDE. That will give you a brief idea.

The programming is based on RTOS Multi tasking.

But in order to understand the working, it is mandatory that you must understand the architecture.

Once you understand the architecture, of the commands and results flow to and out of the module, then it will be easy for you understand which command goes in which task.

Without understanding the architecture never start the handson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back