Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

input sampler - MW counter HP 5342A

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivosak

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hp5342a

Hello,

I would like to ask if exist any replacement or "project" for replacing bad input harmonic mixer in old HP microwave counters 534x series.

Thank you, Ivo

Good news.
I had rebuild the sampler with standard HSMS-8202 diode pair on FR4 pcb inside to the original case. I had increased the original hole to the diameter 10mm for easily assembling. I can accurately meassure up to 3GHz and the sensitivity in band 500MHz - 3Ghz is better than -30dB. Occasionally I will test higher frequencies...

Good news.
I had rebuild the sampler with standard HSMS-8202 diode pair on FR4 pcb inside to the original case. I had increased the original hole to the diameter 10mm for easily assembling. I can accurately meassure up to 3GHz and the sensitivity in band 500MHz - 3Ghz is better than -30dB. Occasionally I will test higher frequencies...

Dear ivosak
Could you please share your designs detail or help me to build a sampler for my HP 5342A ?
I have the schematic but I don’t understand the balun circuit. Your experience will be very useful.
Thank you for your consideration.

sky22

you do realise that this thread is 5 years old ?
and that ivosak never returned to tell us how he got on ? ;)

regards
Dave

hello Dave
You are right. I will try to new thread.
thanks to your advice.
best regards
sky22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back