Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inherent commom mode feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

srimatresri

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can any one explain the inherent common mode feedback in the following circuit
inherent common mode feedback.PNG

Hello)
Why the dimensions of Mp4 are l=5.2u and W=3u ?? Shouldn't it length be 0.13 um like others?

Shouldn't it length be 0.13 um like others?
Yes, otherwise the marking "I2" for Mp4 won't be correct.
can any one explain the inherent common mode feedback in the following circuit
The feedback is in the operation of the differential pair itself. By feeding it with a current source itail, common signals don't cause changes in the drain currents.

i figure d it out.
@fvm:
the i-tail is introduced later . initially it was grounded, even with ground there is an inherent common mode feed forward in the circuit. what we are doing
is , extracting the common mode signal from the output. here the average current is prevented from going in to the load. so no common mode voltage is developed.

There's a bias current compensation in the output signal by substracting I1 and I2, but no feedback. You could rather designate it a feed forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.