Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Infrared between PDA and robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineeringarobot

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

Sorry if this is not the right place to post but this is somewhat an embedded systems question. I have a rx1950 Pocket PC from HP, now I have built a robot with an TFDU6102 transceiver. However, I can not make a connection between the PDA and the robot. Any suggestions as to the transceiver? Are they even compatible or should I just use a different transceiver? Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks in advance

The Transciever you used is an IRDA transciever so should work with pocket pc.

You did not mention wether you were trying to implement IRDA on the robot end or not. If you are working with raw ir you will need to setup a program on your pcoket pc that can talk raw ir first.

Implementing an IRDA protocol is a bit of work so it might be worth exploring RAW ir if that works for you

thanks your,now I have built a robot with an Irda (i find on nokia 8250,8150) transceiver and pocketpc 6365 or MDAI(T-mobile),but i can not conect PDA with Robot??
I have to known web pda-robotics.com. please help???

i want to converse Irda ----->>> COM of PDA? i can hole code from program of a book PDArobot??
please counsel to me...

**broken link removed**is a application note for IrDA to COM conversion. TFDS4500 need modulated signals, not UART signal directly

yes,i used PIC (UART) --> MCP2155(Modu..)--->Tfds4500. or COM??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back