Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Information regarding 70 mhz IF

Status
Not open for further replies.

knightnoor

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Can anyone plz help me with my query....I wish to know what 70 MHZ IF actually means...i have been trying to google it but no satisfactory explaination was found...
So i actually wish to know..
1)What do we actually mean by 70 MHZ IF?

2)In case of 70 MHZ IF what is the bandwidth?

3)In case of 70 MHZ IF what is the centre frequency?and is there any relation between centre frequency bandwidth and IF?

If anyone can help me with my questions i would be grateful.
Thank you

Hi,
In communications and electronic engineering, an intermediate frequency (IF) is a frequency to which a carrier frequency is shifted as an intermediate step in transmission or reception. The intermediate frequency is created by mixing the carrier signal with a local oscillator signal in a process called heterodyning, resulting in a signal at the difference or beat frequency. Intermediate frequencies are used in superheterodyne radio receivers, in which an incoming signal is shifted to an IF for amplification before final detection is done. There may be several such stages of intermediate frequency in a superheterodyne, which is called double (or triple) conversion.
Perhaps the most commonly used intermediate frequencies are around 455 kHz for AM receivers and 10.7 MHz for FM receivers. However, the intermediate frequency can range from 10–100 MHz. Intermediate frequency (IF) are generated by mixing the RF and LO frequency together to create a lower frequency called IF.

Thank you so much for your reply...
please make few more points clear to me...

Q)In case of 70 MHZ IF what is the bandwidth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back