Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Information about VESA standard and designing VGA controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akhthar Ali Khan

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vga controller 2009 cheap

Hi

Can anybody help me in designing a VGA controller which reads the data from serial port and displays the text in Large font on a monitor.
I would also like to know how to change the resolution of the monitor. Is it through VESA interface. If so please help me with the VESA standard.

My monitor details are below:
H-Frequency : 30KHz - 80 KHz
V-Frequency : 55 Hz - 75 Hz
Max Resolution : 1600 X 900 @60Hz
Standard : VESA DDCCI/DDC2B
Display Colour : 16.7 M
Dot clock :140 MHz

I am new to FPGA so please help me to choose the correct FPGA for the above application also.

Thanks in advance...

vga controller fpga

Thanks kvingle,

I have very little knowledge about VGA and VESA standards. The monitor which I am using is with Max Resolution 1600 X 900 most of the resources available in the internet is for 800 x 600 Resolution. I am not sure if it can driver the monitor I am using.

I would be very greatful if anybody send vesa standards.

Thanks in advance...

standalone vga controller

u can choose the resolution from fpga pins that connected the the dac according to the numbers of resisters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back