Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Infared reciver problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliraza786

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have to design a circuit name 2 channle ir remote controle so i convert the frequency to voltage through LM331 and compre the out put voltage by comparator everything works fine but the problem is when i connect the 555 output pin to lm331 input pin everything works fine but when i transmit the frequnecy through ir led and attach ir reciver at the lm331 frequency input then nothing happpened this means that the problem is with ir reciver..........i use universal ir reciver see the picture attach.......i dnt know the error is due to the frequency response limitation of the transistor or anything else.......... 16_1313836142.gif

I hope that first resistor is 100K and not 100 Ohms. 100 Ohms would not work.

This new thread seems very similar to a previous thread you posted here: https://www.edaboard.com/threads/222048/

What has changed? Did you test any of our suggestions? Trying to get two channels based on a frequency to voltage conversion seems to be an odd and round-about way to do what is usually done with code or frequency. Your earlier idea with the LM567 could likely be made to work.

John

yes jpanhalt it seems odd...but the aim of this circuit is that make two channel without using mcu i tried lm567 but it didnt work for me then i try lm331 it works but when i input frequency form 3rd pin of 555 through wire to lm331 voltage produce at output and comapred through comparator but when i attach reciver and transmit frequency through ir led no volatge produce this mean the problem is with reciver so thats why i ask about the reciver circuit.......i will work on lm567 but i do not have signal generator thats why i post the thread so that i mesur the output easily and i donot have signal generator thats why i am not able to test lm567 on diffrent frequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.