Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

induction and rf heating design topologies

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayur_dand

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
induction heating

hi friends,
i require some feedback for design of induction and rf heating systems especially microcontolled if some one can help me

The induction heaters I have seen are free running oscillators using very high power valves/tubes with plate dissipation ratings higher than the input DC power.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i am aware of that but what i want to know is the basic design os RF and induction heating systems and the limitations of rf and inductiona systems

Induction heaters dont use very high frequencys. 50Hz.......300Khz

can u tell me the diference between rf heaters topologies and induction heating topologies

There are two basic methods. If the material is nonconductive, a capacitive method is used with the material between the plates of a capacitor. If the material is conductive, the material is placed in a magnetic field from a coil.

mayur_dand

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
the frequency of the current feed to the lc filter in the induction heating curent is less than the rf heating well i want to get the detailed description about the induction heating actually i want to get the detailed information and about the rf heating systems

Does anyone have any approx. idea about the efficiency of an inductive type and/or rf type heating circuit?

Thanks,
/pisoiu

Have you tried simulating the device using Ansoft ePhysics addon for HFSS ?

If you have an HFSS model of your design, you can use ePhysics to calculate the heat / tempreture. It is much easier to use than the fullscale thermal design suits. In addition the RF losses are automatically loaded into ePhysics project.

See also;
**broken link removed**

Regards,
Itai

well i have no tried it on the hss e phgysics but would like to if u culd help me by sendi ne a software and i would like to know more abt the rf heating topologies how does it works

itaifrenkel said:
Have you tried simulating the device using Ansoft ePhysics addon for HFSS ?

If you have an HFSS model of your design, you can use ePhysics to calculate the heat / tempreture. It is much easier to use than the fullscale thermal design suits. In addition the RF losses are automatically loaded into ePhysics project.

Dear Itai,
Can ePhysics works with HFSS_9.2?
I didn't find this information in HFSS_9.2's manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back