mayur_dand

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
induction heating

hi friends,
i require some feedback for design of induction and rf heating systems especially microcontolled if some one can help me

The induction heaters I have seen are free running oscillators using very high power valves/tubes with plate dissipation ratings higher than the input DC power.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i am aware of that but what i want to know is the basic design os RF and induction heating systems and the limitations of rf and inductiona systems

Induction heaters dont use very high frequencys. 50Hz.......300Khz

can u tell me the diference between rf heaters topologies and induction heating topologies

There are two basic methods. If the material is nonconductive, a capacitive method is used with the material between the plates of a capacitor. If the material is conductive, the material is placed in a magnetic field from a coil.

mayur_dand

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
the frequency of the current feed to the lc filter in the induction heating curent is less than the rf heating well i want to get the detailed description about the induction heating actually i want to get the detailed information and about the rf heating systems

Does anyone have any approx. idea about the efficiency of an inductive type and/or rf type heating circuit?

Thanks,
/pisoiu

Have you tried simulating the device using Ansoft ePhysics addon for HFSS ?

If you have an HFSS model of your design, you can use ePhysics to calculate the heat / tempreture. It is much easier to use than the fullscale thermal design suits. In addition the RF losses are automatically loaded into ePhysics project.

See also;
**broken link removed**

Regards,
Itai

well i have no tried it on the hss e phgysics but would like to if u culd help me by sendi ne a software and i would like to know more abt the rf heating topologies how does it works

Dear Itai,
Can ePhysics works with HFSS_9.2?
I didn't find this information in HFSS_9.2's manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…