Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Incorrect Instance Error Calibre LVS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atkin

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a padframe layout with my basic padframe, pins and a ring for VDD and GND. I am having issues passing LVS.

1611973280299.png

This is the only LVS issue I have left and all the pads are labeled with pins. I'm hoping to finish up my first run so I can start to refine my layout. Any advice would be much appreciated (hopefully this turns out like my last post where I had an issue, couldn't solve it for hours, then solved it myself within minutes of posting...). I should also specify that the instance is in the layout and that I've tried manually assigning device correspondence in order to try and fix it.

Last edited:

You can check if you used the correct layer (layer purpose "pin") to label the pads / ports.

You can check if you used the correct layer (layer purpose "pin") to label the pads / ports.

Ugh, cadence is such an awfully made software. (I've gone with a workaround by simply ignoring the padframe on the schematic level and then it passes LVS) On which level of the design would the pin layers make a difference. I've double checked them, but I don't see any that don't match what they're supposed to.

What you are complaining about is not Cadence software, it is Mentor Graphics software - and, by the way, their LVS/DRC (Calibre) is the best LVS/DRC software on the market.

Pins/ports labels should be placed on the top hierarchy level.

You need to add pins/ports at the level you are running LVS. Calibre doesn't care if you have them level below because they are not related with the level you are running. You need to add pins each level if you have them in schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back