Inconsistent Output in NI 9263 DAC

mtnkh

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am using an NI 9263 DAC converter to generate a 10KHz sine signal with a 5-volt amplitude. However, the problem arises when I zoom in on the output of the module, as it appears as shown below:

There is a 40mV difference in the peaks, which is causing trouble for me. I have tried changing the frequency and the sampling rate, but the issue persists. I wanted to ask if you know the reason behind this discrepancy?

Thanks

Hi,

The picture is useless. All wee see is a lot of orange..The only thing we can guess is that that the Y-axis shows the volts.
* we don't know nothing about the X-axis
* we don't know what tool it is (real digital scope with unknown resolution, simulation, samplling rate....
* we don't know what we see. Yo say 10kHz sine, but it's far from a sine shape at all

Besides the scope...
* how are your digital data generated
* what resolution and what range do your digital data have (not ADC resolution)
* ADC: what resolution, what sampling rate is used in your case (not what the ADC is able to do)
* what analog filters are used?

My wild guessing - and that's all I can do for now:
The problem is some kind of measurement artefact because of
* inappropriate analog filtering
* using an ADC sampling rate of around 500kHz

Klaus

Or maybe it’s some external source modulating the DAC output.

Garbage in, garbage out.

You need to provide a lot more information.

Or maybe it’s some external source modulating the DAC output.

Garbage in, garbage out.

You need to provide a lot more information.
Or may be it is some fixed point issue or he is just test-benching the forum responses.

Last edited: