Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Improve flicker by process and device design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDF

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I know this may not be the expertise of analog IC designer, but I still hope
I can get the answer from who knows it.
I would like to know how they, the foundry guys, improve the flicker noise by
porcess or device design?

Does the different fabs provide different flicker noise performance despite
the device scaling is the same, for example, 0.13um?

Thanks,

1. In design to improve flicker noise dont use minimal poly length...if it's 0.13µ then try length at least 0.26µ @ 2λ

2. Smaller foundry more sensitive to flicker.

Syukri said:
1. In design to improve flicker noise dont use minimal poly length...if it's 0.13µ then try length at least 0.26µ @ 2λ

2. Smaller foundry more sensitive to flicker.

Why smaller foundry more sensitive to flicker? Because they can't control the
quality of oxided well?

the foundry@design technology is simply according to the min length that the technology can support

when u use minimal length in term of design...the drain to source channel under the gate is short...little power is needed to make the a current flow. min length is also not suitable for good matching in analog device

in term of process...when u use min length...after going the etching ...we will get Leff which is smaller a bit than L. If your L is min, reduce in it is below the allowable length.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back