Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Impedance matching simulation for a coil in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfie_Guo

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am doing a simulation about the WPT coil and have a problem with impedance matching circuit simulation in HFSS. I set the frequency to be 13.56MHz and generated an impedance matching circuit in ADS based on the impedance of the coil, and the result seemed valid in ADS. However, when I added that circuit to the initial coil model in HFSS by lumped RLC boundaries, the S11 and impedance results went wrong. In addition, the circuits were successfully analyzed without the coil model in HFSS. I have checked the settings and had no ideas about what went wrong.

I have attached the simulation files and results to the post. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi, it seems like an ordinary matching process. Your lumped elements in HFSS have physical dimensions that are not considered in ADS. For such resonant structure I would expect that there will be some mismatch.
I would do the following steps:
1. Perform a frequency sweep - the resonance may have shifted to the right or left.
2. Use HFSS optimization process / parametric sweep with the initial conditions (RLC) that were extracted from ADS.

Thanks so much for your reply!

I have run some simulations and found out it was the physical structure of the coil that made the circuit mismatched. I have followed your suggestions and found suitable LC parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back