Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Impedance and S-Parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalyst

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
smith chart software berne university

Hi there guys,

Quick query........Is it possible to convert from impedance to s parameters....is the smith chart the only way?

Cat :)

z-matrix to s-parameters

a lot of software has this transfer from Z to S,such as ads

Is there any method i can use without any software?

Hi, Catalyst:

You can just follow the equation for it.

S = (Z-Zc)/(Z+Zc)

Just treat them as matrices. It should be simple if you know how to program. You can find matrix solvers in many places.

Regards.

you can use the equations fro converting impedance to S parameter and /or use free smith chart software from internet
there is one good smith chart capable of doing this from Dr fritz dellsperger at berne university. SmithchartV2.02

https://fritz.dellsperger.net/
good luck

Mehdi

thanks for the replies guys :)

Could anyone give me an example calculation to go by using the equation that jian gave above. I'm having trouble with it.

Regards

Cat :)

Hi, Catalyst:

The general conversion equation is:

S = Inv( Z + Zc ) * ( Z - Zc )

Z is the z-matrix. Zc is a diagonal matirx with Zc_i as the (i,i) element and other element as 0. I think you can implement it easily on Matlab since all the matrix operations are available on Matlab. Certainly, you can try to use C++ or other languages. There are many matrix operations libraries available.

Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back