Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IEEE 802.11 WLAN card firmware source code

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastek

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to implement my new MAC layer protocol in real IEEE 802.11 network cards. I think it is not so easy and I should have the WLAN card firmware source code.
Do you know where can I find any WLAN firmware source code (to any card, any MAC processor)?
Maybe you know where to find any other informations that can help to solve my problem. Unfortunately, the informations on the web are very limited.

Regards,

Lastek

I doubt if you can find anything that specific on the web.

Hi!

Linux supports these cards.
The Kernel and driver Modules are pure C (very rarely Inline Assembler).
The documetation of the source code is mostly pretty good.

You should check these sources.

Linux Kernel PAge

regards
Elvis P.

Thanks for all that replies.
The problem is that MAC (Mecium Access Control) protocol is usually implemented in firmware or hardware (it depends on chipset), so to change the MAC protocol I should have firmware source code, then modify it, and flash the oryginal firmware. The drivers (for Linux or other system) are one level higher in protocol stack, so I can only drive with it the exisiting MAC protocol (modify some MAC parameters, have access to drive some brotocol behaviours, etc.). My intension is to change the protocol so I must have the firmware source code in any way :-(.
I know that it is hard to get it, but maybe someone have it...(I promise, it will be used for educational purposes only).

Lastek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back