Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

identify microcontroller pins for CAN interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuitGeek

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using DSPIC33FJ64GP804 in my project. And the datasheets can not tell me which pins are used as CAN tx and dx. Maybe it is pin 21 C2in- and 22 C2in+? Or maybe any two pins can be used? I can't figure it out. I've googled a lot.

Hi,

The ECAN peripheral is possible in the DSPIC33FJ64GP804 IC that you have mentioned. The same has been given as in the below table in the datasheet (Link : https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/70292D.pdf).

Image1.jpg

Excerpts from Datasheet: (11.6 Peripheral Pin Select)

The peripheral pin select feature is used in this chip is with a range of up to 26 pins. The number of available pins depends on the particular device and its pin count. Pins that support the peripheral pin select feature include the designation “RPn” in their full pin designation, where “RP” designates a remappable peripheral and “n” is the remappable pin number.

Input Mapping:

The inputs of the peripheral pin select options are mapped on the basis of the peripheral. A control
register associated with a peripheral dictates the pin it is mapped to.
The RPINRx registers are used to configure peripheral input mapping. Each register contains sets of
5-bit fields, with each set associated with one of the remappable peripherals.
Programming a given peripheral’s bit field with an appropriate 5-bit value maps the RPn pin with that value to that peripheral.
For any given device, the valid range of values for any bit field corresponds to the maximum number of peripheral pin selections supported by the device.

Image2.jpg

Output Mapping:

In contrast to inputs, the outputs of the peripheral pin select options are mapped on the basis of the pin. In this case, a control register associated with a particular pin dictates the peripheral output to be mapped.
The RPORx registers are used to control output mapping.
The value of the bit field corresponds to one of the peripherals, and that peripheral’s output is mapped to the pin.

Image3.jpg

Note for The RP16 Pin :
Register : RP16R<4:0>
bit 4-0 RP16R<4:0>: Peripheral Output Function is Assigned to RP16 Output Pin bits (see Table 11-2 for peripheral function numbers)
Note 1: This register is implemented in 44-pin devices only.

Image5.jpg

Hope this helps...;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.