Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buck-Boost Regulator Recommendation that Can Output 5V 1A

berkay_91

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am designing a circuit so that the input voltage normally comes from the battery (3V - 4.2V) and in charging cases it comes from the adapter (9V). Since both power lines come from the same path, I want to use a single regulator. Can you recommend a regulator that works with Buck-Boost and can provide a constant 5V 1A for voltages both below and above 5V?

Hi,

Just go the the internet site of the big DCDC regulator manufacturers and use their selection guide.

Klaus

You could do a SEPIC for that....just use smple current mode controller eg ucc28c43 or ltc1871 etc...i think LTC1871 datasheet has sepic example in it.

if you do a coupled sepic , with a coupled inductor , then they are very easy....like a 1:1 flyback in the design of.
Coilcraft do a range of coupled inductors, i think MSD range.

Some ex's attached (LTspice)

Attachments

• SEPIC _uncoupled inductors.zip
    1 KB · Views: 32
  • SEPIC _coupled inductors.zip
    38.1 KB · Views: 27

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: