Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ideas for connecting to analog input of PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipunished

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have written the code for it and now I want to actually make it work.

Its used to test or check resistance, and i am using a pic with analog input..

I was just wondering how to make that possible?

I know that I can drive a constant, known current through the resistor and then how do I connect it to the pic and how tio read it?

i was thinking differential amplifier but i dont think that will work....

anyone have any ideas on this?

Thank you

The use of an OP-AMP or even an OTA is a good idea.
Make sure that resistance value applied don´t generate a voltage value that exeed rail range.

+++

You must start of with a requirement for example to read the room temperature using a LM35 temperature sensor

@ andre,

I thought of using an op amp and also found this configuration **broken link removed**

but it does not explain much..

@ Miguel

the PIC is supposed to measure the voltage accross a resistor, and how it must be attached is what im asking :)

Thanks miguel, that is somewhat like the schematic i found in my link, can you give a bit more details on its working.. as in if im to make a schematic of this.. furthermore, how can it only take the value by just one connection?

Thanks

By Ohms Law , if you have a current source of Ix value V = IxR
you must calibrate according the maximum value that accepts your PIC.

If your Vmax = 10, and your Rmax = 10K, Ix must be 10V/10K = 1mA so you can have a voltage proportional to the ohms of your resistence.

Status
Not open for further replies.