Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ideal Op Amp in VHDL-AMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldeboy

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vhdl ams model for opamp

Hello,

I am beginner in VHDL-AMS, I will try to model a real Op Amp in VHDL-AMS. As a begin, I hope that some one help me by giving me a simple code in VHDL-AMS of ideal op-amp.

Thank you very much

vhdl unknown identifier voltage

This might help....

hamster ams models

Thank you very much. yes the document is very good and useful.:|

vhdl-ams op amp model

In fact, this is the vhd-ams code for the ideal op-amp given by this doc:

ENTITY OpAmp IS
GENERIC (vdd : voltage := 15.0;
vss : voltage := -15.0;
gain : REAL := REAL'HIGH);

PORT (TERMINAL in_p, in_n: ELECTRICAL;
TERMINAL output: ELECTRICAL);
END ENTITY OpAmp;

ARCHITECTURE simple OF OpAmp IS
QUANTITY vin ACROSS in_p TO in_n;
QUANTITY vout ACROSS iout THROUGH output;
BEGIN
IF vin'ABOVE(vdd/gain) USE
vout == vdd;
ELSIF NOT vin'ABOVE(vss/gain) USE
vout == vss;
ELSE
vout == vin*gain;
END USE;

BREAK ON vin'ABOVE(vdd/gain), vin'ABOVE(vss/gain);
END ARCHITECTURE simple;

I am beginner in VHDL-AMS, so I have some questions about this code:
- I think that I must add some lniks in the beginnig to say what are liraries are used.
What are these libraries exactly?

- I have tried to compile and run this code by hAMSter and I have found these errors:
C:\Documents and Settings\baccar\Bureau\hAMSter - Model Editor1.vhd( 6,ENTITY opamp) : Info : Entity/Package "opamp" overwritten

C:\Documents and Settings\baccar\Bureau\hAMSter - Model Editor1.vhd( 7,ENTITY opamp) : Error : Unknown identifier "voltage"

C:\Documents and Settings\baccar\Bureau\hAMSter - Model Editor1.vhd( 7,ENTITY opamp) : Error : Type mismatch

C:\Documents and Settings\baccar\Bureau\hAMSter - Model Editor1.vhd( 8,ENTITY opamp) : Error : Unknown identifier "voltage"

C:\Documents and Settings\baccar\Bureau\hAMSter - Model Editor1.vhd( 8,ENTITY opamp) : Error : Type mismatch

C:\Documents and Settings\baccar\Bureau\hAMSter - Model Editor1.vhd( 10,ENTITY opamp) : Error : Unknown identifier "electrical"

C:\Documents and Settings\baccar\Bureau\hAMSter - Model Editor1.vhd( 11,ENTITY opamp) : Error : Unknown identifier "electrical"

C:\Documents and Settings\baccar\Bureau\hAMSter - Model Editor1.vhd( 12,ENTITY opamp) : Error : Simulation object for entity opamp not created because of 6 errors

C:\Documents and Settings\baccar\Bureau\hAMSter - Model Editor1.vhd( 15,ARCHITECTURE simple OF ENTITY opamp) : Error : Quantity is not defined between terminals

C:\Documents and Settings\baccar\Bureau\hAMSter - Model Editor1.vhd( 16,ARCHITECTURE simple OF ENTITY opamp) : Error : Unknown identifier "Ground"

C:\Documents and Settings\baccar\Bureau\hAMSter - Model Editor1.vhd( 16,ARCHITECTURE simple OF ENTITY opamp) : Error : Quantity is not defined between terminals

C:\Documents and Settings\baccar\Bureau\hAMSter - Model Editor1.vhd( 16,ARCHITECTURE simple OF ENTITY opamp) : Error : Quantity is not defined between terminals

C:\Documents and Settings\baccar\Bureau\hAMSter - Model Editor1.vhd( 19,ARCHITECTURE simple OF ENTITY opamp) : Error : Type mismatch

C:\Documents and Settings\baccar\Bureau\hAMSter - Model Editor1.vhd( 19,ARCHITECTURE simple OF ENTITY opamp) : Error : Type mismatch

C:\Documents and Settings\baccar\Bureau\hAMSter - Model Editor1.vhd( 20,ARCHITECTURE simple OF ENTITY opamp) : Error : Type mismatch

C:\Documents and Settings\baccar\Bureau\hAMSter - Model Editor1.vhd( 21,ARCHITECTURE simple OF ENTITY opamp) : Error : Type mismatch

C:\Documents and Settings\baccar\Bureau\hAMSter - Model Editor1.vhd( 21,ARCHITECTURE simple OF ENTITY opamp) : Error : Type mismatch

C:\Documents and Settings\baccar\Bureau\hAMSter - Model Editor1.vhd( 22,ARCHITECTURE simple OF ENTITY opamp) : Error : Type mismatch

C:\Documents and Settings\baccar\Bureau\hAMSter - Model Editor1.vhd( 27,ARCHITECTURE simple OF ENTITY opamp) : Error : Syntax error: Unexpected entry: '

C:\Documents and Settings\baccar\Bureau\hAMSter - Model Editor1.vhd( 27,ARCHITECTURE simple OF ENTITY opamp) : Error : Compile/link failed because of 19 errors <Mon May 11 14:27:27 2009
>

C:\Documents and Settings\baccar\Bureau\hAMSter - Model Editor1.vhd(???,?] : Error 70015 : error with compiling

Could you help me please?

ideal op-amp vhdl-ams

do not use folders with space.

unix based programs do not like it.
all cad tools were written for uxin environment.

hock

op amp amplifier in vhdl

thank you very much.. I am trying now to build a real op-amp model in VHDL-AMS? have you any example or document that can help me.
Thank you very much

op amp vhdl-ams

goldeboy said:
thank you very much.. I am trying now to build a real op-amp model in VHDL-AMS? have you any example or document that can help me.
Thank you very much

If you are using Cadence, you can use ModelWriter

File->New->Cell View, select "ModelWriter" to start the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back