Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ideal current source models - a paper or any source

Status
Not open for further replies.

k.k

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ideal current source models

Hi all,

I know that the "current source model" is a model, that is used for timing and noise analysis of digital cells, but i don't know how does it look like? and what is it exactly...

can you plz refer me to a paper or any source that can be helpful for me to understand it step by step?

Tanks

what is current source model

there r many kind of current source models,u can see reaby's book to get understanding

constant current source bjt

xulfee said:
there r many kind of current source models,u can see reaby's book to get understanding

thank u for ur reply but what is "reaby's book"? :roll:

Current Source Model

If you want a more tangible answer, a battery with a large resistor in series is a current source, or a single transisotr common collector amplifier is a current source ...

Current Source Model

sorry book's title is digital integrated circuits,by jan m rabaey

Re: Current Source Model

xulfee said:
sorry book's title is digital integrated circuits,by jan m rabaey

thank u, I will borrow it from the bib.

Actually it doesnt exists in practical,

theoratically, it really meanz that the source that will provide u constant current irrespective of the load connected is current source.

mosfets.bjt said:
Actually it doesnt exists in practical (1),
theoratically, it really meanz that the source that will provide u constant current irrespective of the load connected is current source. (2)

I recalled:

1) In practice anything that sourcing/output current can be regarded as a current source.

2) We call this a constant current source.

Regards.

I recalled:

1) In practice anything that sourcing/output current can be regarded as a current source.

2) We call this a constant current source.

ya u may call it but how can this me a perfect current source?

it may be a current source with huge limited specifications.
for example if current source is open circuited. will it supply a constant currrent as it was providing ago according to you?

mosfets.bjt

mosfets.bjt said:
ya u may call it but how can this me a perfect current source?

it may be a current source with huge limited specifications.
for example if current source is open circuited. will it supply a constant currrent as it was providing ago according to you?

mosfets.bjt

Thanks for your comments.

As per my own understanding (if I'm right! :) ), current source is something that when it was put in a closed loop it would provide current. Any source being put in an open loop circuit of cause has null current.

In real world any current source has it own internal resistance so it can hardly be close to an ideal current source.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Thanks for your comments.

As per my own understanding (if I'm right! ), current source is something that when it was put in a closed loop it would provide current. Any source being put in an open loop circuit of cause has null current.

In real world any current source has it own internal resistance so it can hardly be close to an ideal current source.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks in advance.

Regards.
it is a convention in theoretical practice, we dont comsider current source as an open loop and voltage source as short circuited. well in real we can create these sources over very limited range of finite load.

Re: ideal current source models

Hi all,

I know that the "current source model" is a model, that is used for timing and noise analysis of digital cells, but i don't know how does it look like? and what is it exactly...

can you plz refer me to a paper or any source that can be helpful for me to understand it step by step?

Tanks

Hi...

I know i am replying to very old thread..But currently i am reading about current source models... and trying to implement one paper related to that..can anyone help me about this regard...that how these models look like...what are their libraries contain??....pls refer any source where i can get an idea about this

Thanks in advance

Sapna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back