Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Equations for T Pad with Different Source and Load Impedances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred_B

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need the equations for a T pad with different source and load impedances. I noticed that with the same source and load impedances, the equations for the Pi pad and T pad are mostly just reciprocals of each other. I tried to follow the same pattern the the Pi pad equations for different source and load impedances to convert those into the T versions although I failed to quite get it. Any help would be appreciated. Below is a link to page I used for the Pi and T pad equations.

Regards,
Fred B.

Please tell the impedance and attenuation values that failed in your calculation. You understand that unequal impedances involve a minimal attenuation that can't be deceeded?

dB = 6, Z1 = 50, Z2 = 53.5

Attached is my attempt to convert the asymmetrical pi pad equations into a set of asymmetrical t pad equations following the pattern in the symmetrical set of equations, which is basically that everything following the impedance term is turned into a reciprocal to convert from PI to t.

I plugged my resulting set of equations into a spreadsheet and the answers that it gave were off as far as the attenuation and the impedance match goes.

IMG_20231207_063007215~2.jpg

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.