Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

icd2 problems in Mplab 7.3x and 7.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

facaf

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
download mplab 7.4

hello, sorry but my english is very bad.
well if understand me i trate to help you.
the firmware need a modification of validation in the mplab >v7.11 and the original firmware (ej. ICD661.HEX) don't INCLUDE
with IC PROG select the chip (PIC16F877A) open de HEX (ICD661.HEX) verify de fuses (HS, and all other off) place this bytes in the start of EEPROM of 16F877A(00 8A 00 15 00 0A 00 16 00 61 00 2D).
this modifications solution your problem (my ICD2 with this modifications, work very good in the version 7.40 of MPLAB).
Best regards.

mplab 7.40 icd2

Hi facaf
I will try that thanks, Actually, i was using an usb to serial converter for the icd2. On suspicion, i changed the icd2 to a true serial port system and tried to download the operating system. It worked very fine on that. So problem solved.

mplab 7.4 download

can you please upload this file please

Thanking You in advance
Samir Mistry

Added after 4 hours 56 minutes:

facaf said:
hello, sorry but my english is very bad.
well if understand me i trate to help you.
the firmware need a modification of validation in the mplab >v7.11 and the original firmware (ej. ICD661.HEX) don't INCLUDE
with IC PROG select the chip (PIC16F877A) open de HEX (ICD661.HEX) verify de fuses (HS, and all other off) place this bytes in the start of EEPROM of 16F877A(00 8A 00 15 00 0A 00 16 00 61 00 2D).
this modifications solution your problem (my ICD2 with this modifications, work very good in the version 7.40 of MPLAB).
Best regards.
can you please upload this file please

Thanking You in advance
Samir Mistry

download mplab version 7.3

Could someone explain what's this meanings?
"00 8A 00 15 00 0A 00 16 00 61 00 2D"

icd2 busy led on

Hello Samir,
My ICD is working with MPLAB7.6a version. I'm attaching the schematic and the updated firmware file here.

Thanks.
Nandu

icd2 usa rb3

Nandulal said:
Hello Samir,
My ICD is working with MPLAB7.6a version. I'm attaching the schematic and the updated firmware file here.

Thanks.
Nandu

Hi,
Your ICD2 clone use leds on TX en RX lines.
For icd2 that use busy led on RB3/PGM pin, LVP must be uncheck in this firmware
for the busy led work.

icd2 busy

Yes,
The LEDs should be on RB4/RB5 (it is my mistake!!! Sorry...). The LVP bit in firmware is set because I'm using LVISP programmer. But when you connect the ICD to MPLAB, it automatically clears the LVP bit.

Nandu

Status
Not open for further replies.