Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ic5141 layout XL:"Show incomplete nets" problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixaloybas

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
layout xl show incomplete nets

Hello everybody!

I have noticed a strange behavior of the "show incomplete nets" command of virtuoso layout XL.
This command shows that my Vdd_mycel and gnd_mycel nets are not connected, though LVS reports matching! All other nets are shown correctly as connected.
I believe it is not random that the problem is with my power and ground nets of the cell. However, I have used sub and nwell contacts. (I work on a triple well process).
When I move the Vdd_mycel pin arround my layout, the associated fly line "follows by steps", i.e. it snaps to specific locations. Some of these locations are clearly not meant to be connected to my power net. For example it shows that it should be connected to some Pmos gates (in the middle of the gate), but this is wrong.

Once the LVS is clean I believe there should be no problem. I just want you to confirm this, and if someone knows anything about the "show incomplete nets" issue I would appreciate if they could shed some light on it.

Thank you in advance,
mixaloybas

Re: layout xl show incomplete nets

I have also faced a similar problem..Why don't you upload screenshots of your schematic & the corresponding Layout.. It will help me to understand the problem better....

Hello everybody!

I have noticed a strange behavior of the "show incomplete nets" command of virtuoso layout XL.
This command shows that my Vdd_mycel and gnd_mycel nets are not connected, though LVS reports matching! All other nets are shown correctly as connected.
I believe it is not random that the problem is with my power and ground nets of the cell. However, I have used sub and nwell contacts. (I work on a triple well process).
When I move the Vdd_mycel pin arround my layout, the associated fly line "follows by steps", i.e. it snaps to specific locations. Some of these locations are clearly not meant to be connected to my power net. For example it shows that it should be connected to some Pmos gates (in the middle of the gate), but this is wrong.

Once the LVS is clean I believe there should be no problem. I just want you to confirm this, and if someone knows anything about the "show incomplete nets" issue I would appreciate if they could shed some light on it.

Thank you in advance,
mixaloybas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back