Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC50332 installation problem on linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

eda_freak

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi! all

I tried installing cadence IC5032 on my linux system 10s of times but am getting bugs in installation. Please help.
I have installed in following manner

dumped IC5032 tar extractions on to HDD.
then run the SETUP.SH utility from CDROM1.. start installation into /home/guest/IC5.0/cadence directory as non-root user.....
then using the cadence catalog for installing all products....this step goes on successfully....now for the next step system configuration im asked to give path to system registry.....now according to my knowledge linux doesnt have a registry....so i gave path to /etc which im told is just like registry afetr this step i get a message that registry is of old format so need to convert it to newer format which i direct to store at /home/guest/IC5.0/registry.....and for stream manager i save it at /home/guest/IC5.0/cadence/... some where in this tree...
but as soon as i give these inputs to setup i get errors like path not found etc
heres the log :-

reating ./grub.conf
tar: ./grub.conf: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
./tools.lnx86/stream_mgt/install/smconfigure: line 497: cd: /tmp/sm_tdb3639: No such file or directory
Creating setup files
Setup commands are available in
/home/guest/IC5.0/cadence/tools.lnx86/stream_mgt/install/setup.csh
and
/home/guest/IC5.0/cadence/tools.lnx86/stream_mgt/install/setup.sh.
Configuration completed.
Proceeding with configuration of lfvhdComp
LF_INST_DIR (/home/guest/IC5.0/cadence/tools/leapfrog) does not appear to point at a Leapfrog installation
Please check value and re-install
configuration of lfvhdComp failed
Product Configuration completed.

the log is pretty big but exactly similar so i truncated it....
Now if someone is aware of this problem or has faced similar situation please help me out....
'
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back