Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC for audio power amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

srinathvarda

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to design an audio power amplifier (50 Watt.) which would drive pure capacitive loads. please suggest me an IC for that. Thanks in advance

I think you can use lm3876 and matching circuit

Last edited:

You did not specify whether you want a single channel or dual built in channel amplifier?.
Can you use the circuit in Bridge configuration? If you want single channel, yes LM3876 is better.

Okay most of my doubt is cleared but why do need to use a dual channel for, if i'm required to drive a sensor for that matter. pls be patient with me I'm new here.

If sensor outputs DC variation, then you have to use dc amp. What is the sensor in use and what is actually the capicitative load to drive.

The sensor is a hydrophone and the capacitance will be in nano farads. Can u tell me if i can use lm3876 or lm3875 with efficient power transfer. And the signal I'm trying to send is 10khz and 12Khz

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back