Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i start to design a NIC chip(10/100M)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRiSP

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
but,i am very confuse for between PCI and MAC signal.

who have any experience?

You can download some datasheet from the internet. Realtek , Broadcom , Myson century , Icplus , AMD , etc have very detailed docs.

honeyxyb said:
You can download some datasheet from the internet. Realtek , Broadcom , Myson century , Icplus , AMD , etc have very detailed docs.

yes! i do!

but it doesn't include between pci and mac signal.

Sorry , I don't understand what you mean.
Between PCI and MAC , no standard interface define. PCI is a interface , and MAC is a module defined in IEEE 802.3, between PCI and MAC , normal should have one memory , from PCI to Memory, I name it RemoteTxDMA (from CPU), from memory to MAC , i name it LocalTxDMA(in chip), from memory to PCI, I name it RemoteRxDMA , from MAC to memory , I name it LocalRxDMA, that's to say , bwetween the PCI and MAC , no direct interface , there's a buffer there.

CRiSP said:
honeyxyb said:

yes! i do!

but it doesn't include between pci and mac signal.

Hi CriSP,

Do you means the signals of PCI interface and MAC interface?

You can find these singals from the PCI Spec and IEEE802.3. The MAC interface

is named MII .

If i remember correctly the MII interface is between the MAC and the PHY.. well both MI and MII are..

If you mean the interface between between the MAC and the PCI bus.. Well i would think that you would have to write the interface to be PCI compatable. The one i wrote was ISA, so i didn't have to deal with PCI..

jelydonut

Good news. i think you can define the protocol by yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back