Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need to program this pic can anyone help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

radium98

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi to all i ask for help please i have to program with a jdm programmer a pic12C508A and i dont know what kind of software i have to use for good burning the otp flash i have tested winpic800 does not support it and ponyprog also and finally the ic_prog dont run to me on xp sp3 dunno why and another question can i use 12f508 instead of 12c508 thanks for help

Hi there.

Go to this link and download whatever you need. You'll find all the assitance a student of pic programming could want at this site.

Hope it helps.
**broken link removed**

The chip technologies are different so I doubt the same algorithm can be used for the "C" and "F" versions.

Note that the "F" can be erased and reprogrammed but the "C" is programmable once only!

Brian.

The JDM PIC Programmer 2 device The version shown in the photograph if I'm not mistaken can program both PIC Fs and Cs. If pin RB4 is mounted to VSS then you can program PIC16F62x devices. However, the real probable is does he have the software to run this device and does he know that not all computers that sport a serial adapter can run this device. It may not work on some computers with serial ports that run at voltages less than 8.6V. Laptops may have 5V serial ports that do not work and sometimes desktops do too. The easiest and surest thing to do would be to invest in another pic programmer.

thanks for u all for help i m newbie in programming pic i have burn at least for 12c508a with no luck with this multi pic programmer i can assume that i have succesfully burn a 16f84a with the same programmer i have used picpgm for the 16f84a and icprog for 12c508a maybe a misconfiguration for icprog
please help i have only one last 12c :(
this is used to generate a clock signal
so help me to configure ic prog i use come 1

Are you sure you can program F type pics with this programmer[/quote][/code]

thanks to all for help it works and it was a misconfiguration in ic prog software ,to blaijon yes this programmer can program 12f508 too:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back