Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need to modify the USBSAMP driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

negartdn

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I need a simple modification on a existing example from Windows Device Driver Kit WinDDK. The example is the one named usbsamp on KMDF, (USB Sample), to be modified in a way that it will act as a 'loopback'. That means whenever the usb device will be plugged in, the driver will read from the IN endpoint a 4Kbyte block and then write to the OUT endpoint the same 4Kbyte block. That has to happen natively from the .sys driver itself and not from the userspace application (as it is right now). Also that reading/writting has to happen on a timely basis through a timer with a period of 1ms. So for every 1ms tick, the driver will read a 4Kbyte block and then write it back immediately and that will happen within the kernel mode driver. The actual external usb device is not of particular importance and is not needed during development as it is not having any particular protocol, it can be easily simulated from the DSF.
I would appreciate it if you deliver me the changed example source code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back